Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

decrypt DES in javacard vs java

JavaCard Applet Development Related Questions and Answers.
leogen

decrypt DES in javacard vs java

Post by leogen » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:30 pm

Hi all!
I tested DES decryption on java card and I also did comparison between java card and java.
I got the following result:
In update method, DES CBC (M1, M2, or, PK5);
- If implementing in java, I need to have at least 16 bytes input to have output data.
- If implementing in java card, I need to have at least 8 byte to have output data.

So what reason results in this difference?

If anyone can share your knowledge with me, I would be greatly appreciated.

Tarantino

Re: decrypt DES in javacard vs java

Post by Tarantino » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:44 pm

For Java implementation, Do you get 8 bytes in the response? If you have 8 bytes only, you should call doFinal(...).
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.--Nelson Mandela

leogen

Post by leogen » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:49 pm

Tarantino wrote:For Java implementation, Do you get 8 bytes in the response? If you have 8 bytes only, you should call doFinal(...).

@Tarantino, Thanks for your answer!

I do understand that calling doFinal will give me final result.
The problem is that in Java, there will be no output after calling update if input data is less than 16 bytes
However, javacard will give output of update method if the input data is more than 8 bytes length.

Tarantino

Post by Tarantino » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Just keep in mind that you should not rely on intermediate results of update anyway since the operation is not complete until doFinal is called.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.--Nelson Mandela

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic