Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

What's the difference between SLEEP and HALT

Embedded system programming,electronics DIY, ARM, Arduino, STM32, 8051, STM8,module, shield, development board.
BirdKing

What's the difference between SLEEP and HALT

Post by BirdKing » Mon May 27, 2019 5:25 am

Hello, I have doubt about SLEEP mode and HALT mode. What's the difference between them?

DaHuFa

Re: What's the difference between SLEEP and HALT

Post by DaHuFa » Wed May 29, 2019 3:01 am

As far as I know, SLEEP mode and HALT mode are designed to save power. Because SLEEP mode usually closes more peripherals, SLEEP mode can save more power than HALT mode.

carlosm7

Re: What's the difference between SLEEP and HALT

Post by carlosm7 » Wed May 27, 2020 9:44 am

BirdKing wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 5:25 am
Hello, I have doubt about SLEEP mode and HALT mode. What's the difference between them?
Hi.

Sleep (eg, Thread.sleep(long) in Java) causes the thread to stop execution for a finite amount of time, while halt (eg, HLT in x86 processors' assembly language) causes the processor to stop all execution until reset.
//You are not a real developer until all your comments start with two forward slashes :D

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic