Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

interact with JavaCard in web application

Smartcard solutions

Moderator: product

morva14

interact with JavaCard in web application

Post by morva14 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:03 am

I am developing a java web application where we need to communicate with client machine's USB port to check whether card reader is attached or not and to read data from card reader for user’s authentication. If card reader is attached at client’s USB port and card is swiped then read the card data and authenticate the user.

My Question is:

How to check whether card reader is attached and card swiped on client’s machine or not? How to do this client-server communication?

I heard about three options,

1. Create Applet and run in browser

2. Downloading .dll file at client machine which will read card data.

3. Using java script.

I don't know which the feasible solution is and how to implement it.

mhsnmaghsoodloo

Re: interact with JavaCard in web application

Post by mhsnmaghsoodloo » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:25 am

morva14 wrote:I am developing a java web application where we need to communicate with client machine's USB port to check whether card reader is attached or not and to read data from card reader for user’s authentication. If card reader is attached at client’s USB port and card is swiped then read the card data and authenticate the user.

My Question is:

How to check whether card reader is attached and card swiped on client’s machine or not? How to do this client-server communication?

I heard about three options,

1. Create Applet and run in browser

2. Downloading .dll file at client machine which will read card data.

3. Using java script.

I don't know which the feasible solution is and how to implement it.

Number 1 and 2 are possible. number 3 is possible too but not alone. I think the best solution is copying a dll or any package to client machine and by jacascript call it's function. you must consider that maybe different browsers have different solutions.

morva14

Post by morva14 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:43 am

tanks for answer.
but i don't want to have middle-ware.i want to join directly to smart card by java script.
i obtain Sconnect and webcard. do you now about SConnect or webcard?

tay00000

Post by tay00000 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:23 am

What type of web application are you interested in for Smart Card ?

Have you considered using PKCS#11 if you are looking into web based certificate authentication for clients ?

It is very difficult to get a browser to talk to a smart card directly even with middleware because you have to write a browser plugin that will talk to a native driver which then finally communicates with the Smart Card.

mhsnmaghsoodloo

Post by mhsnmaghsoodloo » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:21 am

morva14 wrote:tanks for answer.
but i don't want to have middle-ware.i want to join directly to smart card by java script.
i obtain Sconnect and webcard. do you now about SConnect or webcard?

Unfortunatly i havn't work by "SConnect or webcard".

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic