Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

Virtual card reader and simulator(s) -- automated tests

JCIDE related questions and answers.

Moderators: product, kuafu

mariodrzic

Virtual card reader and simulator(s) -- automated tests

Post by mariodrzic » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:04 am

I would like to write some tests which would test my applet implementation. The idea is to use same kind of test framework (ex. JUnit) to write client test code which would exercise corresponding applet capabilities.

Is it possible to use virtual reader and any simulator from JCIDE independently from development tool?
I would like to run applet in any of simulators and access it from virtual card reader for client code to communicate with applet.

Is it possible to save state of applet in any simulator?
Is i possible to use simulator( any of available in development tool) independently from IDE (running it from command prompt)?

If this is possible I would be able to write some scripts or code that will automate applet loading and state configuration which would enable me to appropriately test implemented functions in the applet.

Thanks for your answer.

product

Re: Virtual card reader and simulator(s) -- automated tests

Post by product » Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:22 am

Hi @ mariodrzic, you can follow the steps below to reach your goal.

1. Click the JCIDE menu Tool/IDE Options. Check the V mark in the left side of "Enable PCSC Interface"

2. Click "Run" button, JCIDE will upload and install the applet automatically.
If you see the following message in the DebugShell, it indicates that you can connect simulator via PCSC interface now.

3. Use pyApdutool to connect simulator and send APDU commands. It's the same as operating the real card.
You can write a script file to test your applet automatically.

4. The internal state will be saved well as long as JCIDE is running or you don't click "Terminate" button.
But if you click Terminate and restart, the states will be cleared.

FYI:
Virtual Card Reader User Guide: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3
pyApdutool User Guide: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please login first.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic