Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

Performance of Javacard

Applets Development Guide

Moderator: product

jlstrauss

Performance of Javacard

Post by jlstrauss » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:43 pm

Hi guys,

I am looking at migrating our existing smartcard application from a proprietary C implementation to a Javacard applet. I have built a prototype and tested it on a number of different modern Javacards, but none of them seem to be able to come close to the performance of the proprietary one, even though it is based on hardware from 10 years ago!

I know that a low-level implementation will always have an advantage because it has fewer layers of abstraction to deal with, but I thought that with improvements in hardware we would be able to come close! Particularly with cryptographic operations which should be mostly performed in hardware.

So my questions are:
1) Is there a database of performance measurements for different Javacards out there?
2) Does anyone know if there is a particular brand or model of Javacard that is considered to be the best performing?
3) Is there anything else I can do to improve the performance of the Javacard? (I am already supplying the highest clock speed and lowest ETU I can to the cards)

Thanks,
Jason

UNKNwYSHSA

Re: Performance of Javacard

Post by UNKNwYSHSA » Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:09 am

1 You can write measurement applet for each algorithm you interested. As i know, AlgTest implement this function, and output one result sheet.
2 I don't know.
3 Use transient variables instead persistent variables. Use hardware algorithm processor instead implement it yourself.
sense and simplicity

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic