Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

Encryption using secure element/domain keys

Applets Development Guide

Moderator: product

osbock

Encryption using secure element/domain keys

Post by osbock » Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:45 pm

I was under, the perhaps mistaken, impression, that I could ask the system to encrypt something for me using the system's pre-set keys.
with globalplatformpro tool I can set the --key-dec --key-enc etc. I'm interested in symmetric encryption, so card generated keys are kindof out.

I was thinking I could use --key-enc (DEK key) and have the card encrypt stuff for me. on the back end I would have the key I originally specified to do the decryption. I thought I had found a sample code for this, but now my google-fu has failed me.

If this doesn't work, I assume I have to implement my own set-key method, and persistently store the key object. Any other pointers on this?

roundtable

Re: Encryption using secure element/domain keys

Post by roundtable » Tue May 15, 2018 8:34 am

Yes, you may misunderstand the purpose of key-enc (DEK key), which is used to establish secure Communication channel between SE and external entity to loading or personalizing application instead of general purpose cipher. If you want to use SE to encrypt or decrypt data for you, you should write your own specific application to pocess your defined commands.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic