Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

derived keys

Card Products

Moderator: horse dream

mikegigom

derived keys

Post by mikegigom » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:05 am

My card needs to implement the mutual authentication.

For that purpose the outside card application and the card must share the set of secret keys. The first key is relevant for encryption and the other for the MAC calculation. At this point I am putting these keys on the card during the personalization.

Now my question is if it's secure enough. I read that it is recommended to use derived keys such that only one card is affected if a key is compromised. How can I calculate the derived keys?

JCaberham

Re: derived keys

Post by JCaberham » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:28 am

Derived keys are considered more secure. As you said, if the keys for one card is compromised some how, only that card is affected.

Tarantino

Re: derived keys

Post by Tarantino » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:39 am

If you have the space and want more secure, you can use a completely random key for card.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.--Nelson Mandela

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic