keys on card

Card Products

Moderator: horse dream

Riddle
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:41 pm
Points :70
Contact:

keys on card

Post by Riddle » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:49 am

I have an EMV card and its datasheet. From the doc, I know that
the key value of issuer security domain(encryption, MAC,and key encryption key): 404142434445464748494a4b4c4d4e4f. and the value of sequence counter is 0.


Is this key KMC? As I know that KMC never reside in the card. Static Keys Derived from this key actually reside in the card and this keys is used to create Session keys , Am I correct?

popmun09
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:49 pm
Points :230
Contact:

Re: keys on card

Post by popmun09 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:17 am

You are right. The Issuer Security Domain is a GlobalPlatform concept.
The key of ISD is basic for the card, which allows you to create security domains and do other operations.

Riddle
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:41 pm
Points :70
Contact:

Re: keys on card

Post by Riddle » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:24 am

popmun09 wrote:You are right. The Issuer Security Domain is a GlobalPlatform concept.
The key of ISD is basic for the card, which allows you to create security domains and do other operations.


Hi bro,

As this key is given by card issuer, can I change it according to my requirement?

Riddle
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:41 pm
Points :70
Contact:

Re: keys on card

Post by Riddle » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:26 am

Another question:

These keys are only used for Card Pesonalization. Once the card has been personalized, these keys will never be used any more. Am I right?

popmun09
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:49 pm
Points :230
Contact:

Re: keys on card

Post by popmun09 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:34 am

Riddle wrote:Hi bro,

As this key is given by card issuer, can I change it according to my requirement?


Yes, you can change them. You can use "PUT KEY " command and refer to GP spec for more information.

popmun09
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:49 pm
Points :230
Contact:

Re: keys on card

Post by popmun09 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:42 am

Riddle wrote:Another question:

These keys are only used for Card Pesonalization. Once the card has been personalized, these keys will never be used any more. Am I right?


In my opinion, they will never be used anymore after being personalized. But I am not sure.

Riddle
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:41 pm
Points :70
Contact:

Re: keys on card

Post by Riddle » Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:44 am

I see! Thanks very much for your help, @popmun09. You help me out. :lol:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

JavaCard OS : Disclaimer