Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

Difference between contact and contactless card

Card Products

Moderator: horse dream

shibulijack

Difference between contact and contactless card

Post by shibulijack » Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:08 am

I need to know the difference between contact and contactless card, especially in APDU command/response field.

If I am going to develop an applet, should I take the contact interface or contactless interface into consideration? I mean whether I need to do some operation for both interface in order to make the applet return the same response for a command?

mikegigom

Re: Difference between contact and contactless card

Post by mikegigom » Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:25 am

In fact, there is no difference between the contact and contactless card in APDU field.

However,in the case of contact interface, for APDU command between T=0 and T=1 there is a little difference.
T=0 protocol cannot distinguish between the Lc and Le bytes. So it uses specific status words, such as 61XX and the GET RESPONSE APDU to allow for both command and response data.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic