Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

the methods of init and verify PIN in org.globalplatform VS in javacard.framework

JavaCard Applet Development Related Questions and Answers.
tomc2016

the methods of init and verify PIN in org.globalplatform VS in javacard.framework

Post by tomc2016 » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:11 am

Recently I was reading GP spec, and I found the methods of init and verify PIN in "org.globalplatform" in GP211 APIS. But I also found the similar methods about init and verify PIN in "javacard.framework" in JC221 APIS.
So, I want to know what is the difference between them. Does anyone know this? tnx

lostsiwonlw

Re: the methods of init and verify PIN in org.globalplatform VS in javacard.framework

Post by lostsiwonlw » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:45 am

1. The java card pin is standalone. You can use it as you wish in your app. You can even have more than one.
2. The GP pin is global to the card. you update in app 1, the change is reflected in app 2. But it is probably less secure, since anyone can design an app that will change the pin of other apps in their back.
Searching for meaning...

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic