Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

More details about File Control Information

JavaCard Applet Development Related Questions and Answers.
choimillen

More details about File Control Information

Post by choimillen » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:32 am

I am trying to understand File Control Information in GP spec 2.1.1, but I couldn't find more details about it in GP spec 2.1.1. Does anyone know this? I would be much appreciated if you give me more information.

Tarantino

Re: More details about File Control Information

Post by Tarantino » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:23 pm

FCI is defined in the ISO 7816-4 standard(payware).

Here are some segment form the spec. Hope it helps.
By definition, the file control information is the byte string available in response to the SELECT command (see
7.1.1); it may be present for any structure, i.e., any DF and any EF.

- If the first byte is valued from '00' to 'BF', then the byte string shall be BER - TLV encoded. ISO/IEC JTC 1/
SC 17 reserves for future use all the values in the range '00' to 'BF' that are not defined in this document.
- If the first byte is valued from 'C0' to 'FF', then the byte string is not encoded according to this document.

Table 11 shows three interindustry templates for nesting file control information BER - TLV data objects.

- The FCP template is a set of file control parameters, i.e., logical, structural and security attributes as
listed in Table 12 and defined hereafter. Within the FCP template, the context-specific class (first byte
from '80' to 'BF') is reserved for file control parameters; tags '85' and 'A5' reference discretionary data.
- The FMD template is a set of file management data, i.e., interindustry data objects such as an application
identifier as defined in 8.2.1.2, an application label as defined in 8.2.1.4 and an application expiration date
as defined in ISO/IEC 7816-6, possibly nested within an application template as defined in 8.2.1.3. Within
the FMD template, tags '53' and '73' reference discretionary data.
- The FCI template is a set of file control parameters and file management data.

Table 11 — Interindustry templates for file control information
Tag Value
'62' Set of file control parameters (FCP template)
'64' Set of file management data (FMD template)
'6F' Set of file control parameters and file management data (FCI template)

The three templates may be retrieved according to selection options of the SELECT command (see Table 40).
- If the FCI option is set, then the FCI tag is optional for introducing the template in the response data field.
- If the FCP or FMD option is set, then the corresponding tag is mandatory for introducing the template.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.--Nelson Mandela

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic