Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

When and how to use Key Diversification data?

JavaCard Applet Development Related Questions and Answers.
marclo

When and how to use Key Diversification data?

Post by marclo » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:08 am

In response field of Initialized Update command, Key Diversification data which contains manufacture ID and last two bytes of security domain AID is returned to reader. I wonder for what purpose Key Diversification data is used.

I have read global platform specifications, but I didn't find any answer. I tried to google and found somewhere said that the base keys are derived at off card's end using this diversification data. Is this right? Hope anyone give me some suggestions!
Thanks, marclo

ThePhoenyx

Re: When and how to use Key Diversification data?

Post by ThePhoenyx » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:51 pm

Diversified keys are basically an encryption of a base key with other data, such as the 2 you mentioned and usually some random bytes
as well. Usually used as short term keys like session keys for SSL/TLS or data between card and PC for mutual authentication without
exposing the base key to being picked up by hackers.
The world is full of stories;
And sometimes they permit themselves to be told.
~Cherokee Proverb

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic