Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

javacard.framework cannot be found

JavaCard Applet Development Related Questions and Answers.
Maelstorm

javacard.framework cannot be found

Post by Maelstorm » Tue May 18, 2021 8:53 pm

Hello,

I am trying to compile the Hello World program found here: https://javacardos.com/javacardforum/vi ... f=31&t=114. When I try to build it, I'm getting multiple errors all stemming from javacard.framework cannot be found. This is a fresh install of JCKit v7.1.0.0. This is installed on a Windows 10 machine.

Here's the errors that I'm getting:

Code: Select all

Start task:"C:/Program Files/JavaCardOS/JavaCardKit/SDK/Tools/JDK/bin/java.exe" -jar "C:/Program Files/JavaCardOS/JavaCardKit/SDK/Tools/JCIDE/builder/ECJ/ecj.jar" -g -deprecation -target 1.7 -source 1.7 -J-Duser.language=en -d "C:/Development/SmartCard/appletDemo/bin/Debug" -encoding windows-1252 C:/DEVELO~1/SMARTC~1/APPLET~1/src/APPLET~1/appletDemo.java 
----------
1. ERROR in C:\Development\SmartCard\appletDemo\src\appletDemo\appletDemo.java (at line 5)
	import javacard.framework.*;
	       ^^^^^^^^
The import javacard cannot be resolved
----------
2. ERROR in C:\Development\SmartCard\appletDemo\src\appletDemo\appletDemo.java (at line 13)
	public class appletDemo extends Applet
	                                ^^^^^^
Applet cannot be resolved to a type
----------
3. ERROR in C:\Development\SmartCard\appletDemo\src\appletDemo\appletDemo.java (at line 24)
	new appletDemo().register(bArray, (short) (bOffset + 1), bArray[bOffset]);
	                 ^^^^^^^^
The method register(byte[], short, byte) is undefined for the type appletDemo
----------
4. ERROR in C:\Development\SmartCard\appletDemo\src\appletDemo\appletDemo.java (at line 27)
	public void process(APDU apdu)
	                    ^^^^
APDU cannot be resolved to a type
----------
5. ERROR in C:\Development\SmartCard\appletDemo\src\appletDemo\appletDemo.java (at line 30)
	if (selectingApplet())
	    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The method selectingApplet() is undefined for the type appletDemo
----------
6. ERROR in C:\Development\SmartCard\appletDemo\src\appletDemo\appletDemo.java (at line 40)
	if(buf[ISO7816.OFFSET_CLA] != CLA_DEMO_TEST)
	       ^^^^^^^
ISO7816 cannot be resolved to a variable
----------
7. ERROR in C:\Development\SmartCard\appletDemo\src\appletDemo\appletDemo.java (at line 42)
	ISOException.throwIt(ISO7816.SW_CLA_NOT_SUPPORTED);
	^^^^^^^^^^^^
ISOException cannot be resolved
----------
8. ERROR in C:\Development\SmartCard\appletDemo\src\appletDemo\appletDemo.java (at line 42)
	ISOException.throwIt(ISO7816.SW_CLA_NOT_SUPPORTED);
	                     ^^^^^^^
----------
9. ERROR in C:\Development\SmartCard\appletDemo\src\appletDemo\appletDemo.java (at line 45)
	switch (buf[ISO7816.OFFSET_INS])
	            ^^^^^^^
----------
10. ERROR in C:\Development\SmartCard\appletDemo\src\appletDemo\appletDemo.java (at line 54)
	Util.setShort(buf, (short)0, (short)0x5555);
	^^^^
Util cannot be resolved
----------
11. ERROR in C:\Development\SmartCard\appletDemo\src\appletDemo\appletDemo.java (at line 60)
	ISOException.throwIt(ISO7816.SW_INS_NOT_SUPPORTED);
	^^^^^^^^^^^^
ISOException cannot be resolved
----------
12. ERROR in C:\Development\SmartCard\appletDemo\src\appletDemo\appletDemo.java (at line 60)
	ISOException.throwIt(ISO7816.SW_INS_NOT_SUPPORTED);
	                     ^^^^^^^
----------
13. ERROR in C:\Development\SmartCard\appletDemo\src\appletDemo\appletDemo.java (at line 65)
	private void SendData(APDU apdu) 
	                      ^^^^
APDU cannot be resolved to a type
----------
14. ERROR in C:\Development\SmartCard\appletDemo\src\appletDemo\appletDemo.java (at line 74)
	Util.arrayCopyNonAtomic(sendStr, (short)0, buffer, (short)0, (short)len);
	^^^^
Util cannot be resolved
----------
14 problems (14 errors)
Task done
As a side note, the IDE won't run as a regular user. I have to be on an admin account to be able to use it. Is there any way around this?

whitexiao

Re: javacard.framework cannot be found

Post by whitexiao » Fri May 21, 2021 4:03 am

Maybe you can try to set the 'C:/Program Files/JavaCardOS/JavaCardKit/SDK/Tools/JDK' path to your Environment Variable of JAVA_HOME

jverne

Post by jverne » Tue May 25, 2021 9:44 am

If you open the IDE and hover the mouse over one of the redlined imports you may get a pop-up that shows how to configure the project with the right SDKs and jars. This project config does not seem exposed to any menu item (why not?)

For the demo PKIApplet I had to select a version of the "JavaCard Kit" and "gp" (for the GPS import). Both are located in C:/JavaCarDKit/SDK/Tools/ChipPack/JAVACOS/lib

Once you do this, you'll see that the .classpath file has been updated, so I presume you could modify that directly.

e.g.:

Code: Select all

<classpath>
    <classpathentry kind="output" path=".jcide/jdt/bin/Debug" />
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JavaCardKit/SDK/Tools/ChipPack/JAVACOS/lib/java_card_kit/3_0_4/lib/api_classic.jar" sourcepath="C:/JavaCardKit/SDK/Tools/ChipPack/JAVACOS/lib/java_card_kit/3_0_4/api_attach_source.jar" />
    <classpathentry kind="src" path="src" />
    <classpathentry kind="lib" path="C:/JavaCardKit/SDK/Tools/ChipPack/JAVACOS/lib/gp/gp211/lib/gp211.jar" sourcepath="C:/JavaCardKit/SDK/Tools/ChipPack/JAVACOS/lib/gp/gp211/lib/gp211.jar" />
</classpath>
This builds, but I don't know what this will do at runtime.

You can also get to these settings by right-clicking on the project (i.e., not the entire solution) and selecting Properties. From there you can manipulate library and API dependencies, compilation settings, etc.

BTW, I don't think messing with JAVA_HOME will help here. These dependencies are not found via JAVA_HOME, but the Eclipse classpath loader. This is, or should be, a pure Eclipse configuration issue.

watson

Post by watson » Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:38 am

Same problem. I tried the solution you suggested but it still hasn't work.

mbsysde99

Post by mbsysde99 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:34 am

Deleted this comment
Last edited by mbsysde99 on Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mbsysde99

Post by mbsysde99 » Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:39 am

1. From JCIDE >
User Package View >
Right Click on appletDemo >
Properties >
Library Options >
Add JC Kit >
Select java_card_kit-2_2_2 >
OK >
OK