Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

Remove applet failed? Delete applet failed in java card?

JavaCard Applet Development Related Questions and Answers.
beginner321

Remove applet failed? Delete applet failed in java card?

Post by beginner321 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:21 pm

Can anyone encountered this situation?

Delete applet failed with more than 10 times. the function of remove applet is terminated.

This means I can't delete applet in this java card forever?
Why the applet can't be delete?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Please login first.

happy123654

Re: Remove applet failed? Delete applet failed in java card?

Post by happy123654 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:17 am

I guess the reason is as followed:
There are static field defined in the package and the static field is created in this applet.
You can delete both the package and the applet. or you can remove the creation of the static field in this applet.

beginner321

Post by beginner321 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:01 am

happy123654 wrote:I guess the reason is as followed:
There are static field defined in the package and the static field is created in this applet.
You can delete both the package and the applet. or you can remove the creation of the static field in this applet.

Hi,
thank you very much.
If I want to delete the other Applet on this card, do I need to reinitialize this card? Otherwise I can only delete the package?

happy123654

Post by happy123654 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:14 am

If you want to delete the applet which creates the static field for the package, there are two steps:
1) delete the package and applet.
If there are other applet which belongs to the same package, the applet will deleted too.
If the other applet belongs to other package, the other applet change nothing and you don't reinitialized the card If you want to delete the other Applet.

2) modify the applet code:
You can remove the static field instance with the API: uninstall().
You can load and install the package and the applet and the applet can be deleted only.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic