Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

What the difference between EEPROM and ROM?

JavaCard Applet Development Related Questions and Answers.
javaABC

What the difference between EEPROM and ROM?

Post by javaABC » Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:07 pm

Hi everyone. I have a question: What the difference between EEPROM and ROM? Are the card OS store in EEPROM or in ROM? And what about algorithms in EEPROM or ROM?

Can someone tell me?

wumindejia

Re: What the difference between EEPROM and ROM?

Post by wumindejia » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:05 am

EEPROM (also E2PROM) stands for electrically erasable programmable read-only memory and is a type of non-volatile memory,EEPROMs can be programmed and erased in-circuit, by applying special programming signals.
Read-only memory (ROM) is a type of non-volatile memory, ROM cannot be changed after manufacture, so it is mainly used to store firmware.
The card os can store in EEPROM, also store in ROM. The algorithm is the same in EEPROM and ROM .

mbsysde99

Post by mbsysde99 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:59 pm

javaABC wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:07 pm
Hi everyone. I have a question: What the difference between EEPROM and ROM? Are the card OS store in EEPROM or in ROM? And what about algorithms in EEPROM or ROM?

Can someone tell me?
ROM = your compiled code is save in here, can't be changed while runtime, and still exist when power off.
EEPROM = your database in here, can be changed while runtime, and still exist when power off.
RAM = your code executed in here, can be changed while runtime, and will lost when power off.

craizyfrog

Post by craizyfrog » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:18 am

ROM( Read Only Read) - only memory. No information is lost after the power is turned off, such as the BIOS chip used by the computer. The access speed is very slow (in terms of RAM) and cannot be overwritten. Since it is impossible to rewrite the information, it cannot be updated and is now rarely used.

EEPROM (Electrically Erasable Programmable Read-only Memory) - user-changeable read-only memory EEPROM

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic