Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

des cbc with PKCS5 issue

JavaCard Applet Development Related Questions and Answers.
stanneraustin

des cbc with PKCS5 issue

Post by stanneraustin » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:48 am

Hello
i having issue on javacard 2.1.2 not accepting ALG_DES_CBC_PKCS5 install and select return with 6A88 if i change to ALG_DES_CBC_ISO9797_M1 or ALG_DES_CBC_ISO9797_M2 it work with installation.

i am using JCOP21 and JCIDE .
is there any short version of pad unpad PKCS5 ? I found many which are int base my card not support it.
also is there any issue speed if i use custom pad unpad ?
second question its possible to build custom AES support for javacard 2.1.2 ?

ps: working excellent on debug and PCSC support etc. only thing i noticed it some time corrupt java source.. i recommend to add history save or backup save automatic .
i have also emailed javacardos for some cards still waiting for reply.

roundtable

Re: des cbc with PKCS5 issue

Post by roundtable » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am

For the 1st problem, ALG_DES_CBC_PKCS5 is not supported on older vesion javacard or JCOP. but the scheme is so simple, you can implement it by yourself combining ALG_DES_CBC_NOPAD and simple pad alg. for example, if 3 bytes to be needed to block align in the last block, so just pad it with 3 0x33, e.g. XX XX XX XX XX 33 33 33 as the last block for CBC cipher. If 5 bytes is needed, then the pattern is XX XX XX 55 55 55 55 55.

the 2nd question , if you use the JCOP without AES support, it is impossible to implement AES, you have to chose another javacard product.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic