Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

APDU SELECT communication

JavaCard Applet Development Related Questions and Answers.
poinonche

APDU SELECT communication

Post by poinonche » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:53 pm

I am trying to figure out what data communications look like on the low level serial channel when APDU SELECT is sent via T=0, T=1 or T=CL.
I have reference material showing me the APDU SELECT packet format. But I wonder before it's sent over the channel, is the byte sequence for SELECT encrypted?

mabel

Re: APDU SELECT communication

Post by mabel » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:10 pm

SELECT command itself for a Java Card is described on the application layer in the corresponding specifications. On the low level only the protocol (T=0/1: ISO7816-3, T=CL: ISO14443) is described . The APDU structure is described in ISO7816-4. The commands described are not supported with the exception of the GET RESPONSE command.

But I wonder before it's sent over the channel, is the byte sequence for SELECT encrypted?

No. For a java card the SELECT command is never encrypted. It has a well defined structure.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic