Announce two new product: SmartCard Reader Rockey200 and USB2.0 Extension Cable

ROCKEY 200 is a handy and portable USB Smart Card reader that can perform read/write operations on any ISO 7816-1/2/3/4 smart cards which are compatible with protocol T=0 and T=1.

USB2.0 Extension Cable With high speed USB 2.0 devices such as USB token ,USB Card Reader and so on.

Come to try it now!

APDU SELECT communication

JavaCard Applet Development Related Questions and Answers.
poinonche

APDU SELECT communication

Postby poinonche » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:53 pm

I am trying to figure out what data communications look like on the low level serial channel when APDU SELECT is sent via T=0, T=1 or T=CL.
I have reference material showing me the APDU SELECT packet format. But I wonder before it's sent over the channel, is the byte sequence for SELECT encrypted?

mabel

Re: APDU SELECT communication

Postby mabel » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:10 pm

SELECT command itself for a Java Card is described on the application layer in the corresponding specifications. On the low level only the protocol (T=0/1: ISO7816-3, T=CL: ISO14443) is described . The APDU structure is described in ISO7816-4. The commands described are not supported with the exception of the GET RESPONSE command.

But I wonder before it's sent over the channel, is the byte sequence for SELECT encrypted?

No. For a java card the SELECT command is never encrypted. It has a well defined structure.

Return to “Questions & Answers”