Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

Choose which: extended length or chaining?

JavaCard Applet Development Related Questions and Answers.
Marcat

Choose which: extended length or chaining?

Post by Marcat » Tue May 23, 2017 11:13 pm

Hi,

My applet needs to receive the APDU command with the data field whose length is greater than 255 bytes. For such commands, I should support the extended length or chaining, which is better? And which is much more secure?

Thanks a lot.
Mar

Tarantino

Re: Choose which: extended length or chaining?

Post by Tarantino » Wed May 24, 2017 6:23 am

Does your card support both chaining and extended length APDU? I suggest you to use extended length APDUs.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.--Nelson Mandela

Marcat

Post by Marcat » Wed May 24, 2017 10:16 pm

Tarantino wrote:Does your card support both chaining and extended length APDU? I suggest you to use extended length APDUs.

Thank you for your help, Tarantino.

My card supports both chaining and extended length APDU. But I would like to know why you suggest me to use extended length APDU.

Tarantino

Post by Tarantino » Thu May 25, 2017 6:05 am

Just use extended length APDUs, thus you do not have to use precious RAM for storing intermediate APDU's in a chain.
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.--Nelson Mandela

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic