Our Online Store have the new products: RFID antenna board. Currently it can work with JC10M24R and JCOP4 card chips.
Compared with normal cards, the antenna board module has a smaller size and fixed holes, which is easy to integrate in the IOT(Internet Of Things) project.

Load File Data Block Hash

JavaCard Applet Development Related Questions and Answers.
mukundis

Load File Data Block Hash

Post by mukundis » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:30 am

I need to design a new INSTALL for LOAD command, so I have to learn more about Load file data block hash in INSTALL for LOAD command. Which algorithm should I use? Would anyone describe it more simply for me? thanks

marjkbadboy

Re: Load File Data Block Hash

Post by marjkbadboy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:46 pm

The following part is quoted from GlobalPlatform Card Specification Version 2.1.1
You may need to use SHA-1 algorithm.
6.7.6.1 Load File Data Block Hash
The Load File Data Block Hash is a redundancy check across the whole Load File Data Block to be transferred to
the card and is present as a field in the INSTALL [for load] command. Typically it should be a hash of the
complete Load File Data Block. Mandating of the Load File Data Block Hash is only required when Delegated
Management loading occurs or when a DAP Block is present in a Load File. The Load File Data Block Hash may
be present but is not required when the loading occurs through the Issuer Security Domain and no DAP Blocks
are required to be present in the Load File.

The OPEN, when receiving the complete Load File Data Block, should perform the same function as the off-card
entity and compare its own result with the Load File Data Block Hash previously received during the processing
of the INSTALL [for load] command.
See Appendix B.2.1 - Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA-1) for more details.
If the Load File Data Block Hash received by the card does not match the Load File Data Block Hash generated
on card, any reference to the Executable Load File shall be discarded.

7.7.7 Load File Data Block Hash
The Load File Data Block Hash provides integrity of the Load File Data Block following receipt of the complete
Load File Data Block. The OPEN shall verify the integrity of the Load File Data Block prior to creating an
Executable Load File.

The Load File Data Block Hash is a message digest of the Load File Data Block. The Load File Data Block Hash
is appended to the INSTALL [for load] command.
Figure 7-11 details the Load File Data Block Hash calculation performed by the Issuer Security Domain, an
Application Provider and a Controlling Authority.
It's hunting season!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic